Live webinars hosted by the NCMA Headquarter's Learning Center are 90-minute sessions (60 minutes of live instructor-led training followed by a 30-minute Q&A period.) Participants will receive a recording that is accessible for 30 days following the live session.
Time: 12 Noon-1:30 PM Eastern Time
Contracting professionals inside and outside the government are likely now familiar with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model (CMMC). However, real questions remain about the implications of this standard to individual organizations and government contracting as a whole. Nevertheless, CMMC is rolling ahead. The Department of Defense (DoD) made two recent announcements:
- The DoD will begin a pilot launch of CMMC and will begin enforcing its use for certain contracts.
- Reciprocity may be given to certain contractors that have already had a cybersecurity audit (such as FedRAMP).
This webinar will discuss the implications of these two announcements as the DoD moves into an enforcement phase of CMMC and other agencies have begun indicating that may also soon implement CMMC. This session will look forward and discuss what contracting professionals inside and outside of the government should expect and the compliance challenges associated with CMMC all the way down the supply chain.
Presenter: Eric Crusius, Partner, Holland & Knight
Credits: Participants earn 1.5 CPE/CLP credits for attendance at each webinar.
- Describe the basic implications of CMMC and its connection to other government contracting requirements.
- Recognize the broader impact of CMMC on government contracting.
- Address some of the compliance challenges associated with implementing CMMC.
- Discuss the implications of the recent DoD announcements.
CMBOK Competencies: Competencies: 3.4, Regulatory Compliance; 2.5, Supply Chain Management
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Cost: $50 per NCMA member/$63 non-member. NCMA is providing individual, rather than site-based, pricing for this webinar in support of social distancing. To register a group, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, webinar date, and number of attendees.
Connectivity Requirements - Webinars are presented via Adobe Connect services. Requirements to attend virtual session on various devices can be found here.